WHAT IS PORTAL STORIES: MEL?
Portal Stories: Mel
is a standalone mod for Valve's award winning puzzle game, Portal 2.
It features more than 20 maps, and two different difficulty settings. In 2016 it received the Game Award for "Best Fan Creation". Portal Stories: Mel is freely available on Steam
In the early years of Aperture Science Innovators, Cave Johnson's scientists rushed to get everything working
to catch up with the growth of the company. Unfortunately, not everything worked as it should. Mel took part
in a faulty experiment, the Aperture Science Innovators Short-Term Relaxation Vault, falling asleep for years.
Now, with a fake Cave Johnson telling her she needs to escape the facility, and a new device, the mysterious Aperture
Science Innovators Handheld Portal Device Prototype, her mind races with questions.
"Who is this impostor Cave Johnson?"
"What happened to the facility and its staff?"
"What happened to me?"
Portal Stories: Mel consists of more than 20 maps, full of all-new voice lines, models, high quality materials,
and challenging puzzles. The expected playtime for the entire campaign is roughly eight hours.
The difficulty is always in the logic, never the execution.
Portal Stories never requires any ninja skills.
Portal Stories: Mel was created by the following talented folks:
- Lpfreaky90, lead on Aperture Valentine
- LoneWolf2056, creator of Dilapidation and Reconstruction
- TMast98, project lead for the Winter Testing Initiative and others
- MissStabby, co-creator for The Gary Hudston Project & animations
- Lamarr, creator of Portal 2: Reprecussions
- Dr. Doozer, voice actor in 1187, Cry of Fear, and Underhell
- Harry101UK, creator of many Portal 2-themed songs and animations
- DragonNOR, the voice of many indie games